vmware no vmotion
Error on Vsphere 4.0 during a maintenance mode session.
Not all VM do a fully vmotion but there’s some problem, wtf is ?
Serching in google and reading the vmware manuals:
DRS Does Not Move Any Virtual Machines from a Host
Virtual machines are not moved from this host. This may be because of problems with VMotion, DRS, or host compatibility.
The following are the possible reasons:
* VMotion is not configured or enabled on this host.
* DRS is disabled for the virtual machines on this host.
* Virtual machines on this host are not compatible with any other hosts.
* No other hosts have sufficient resources for any virtual machines on this host.
* Moving any virtual machines from this host would violate an affinity or anti-affinity rule.
* DRS is disabled for one or more virtual machines on the host.
* A device is mounted to the virtual machine.
Ok my problem is the last:
A device is mounted to the virtual machine.
try to Disconnect the cd tray , but vmware give me an error.
Try to check on VM if the cdrom is already mounted and it is. So WTF can I try now?
Try do mount, then to umount the device. NOTHING
then the solution. a simply fucking solution..
Removing the device vmware can take it’s fucking vmotion and the host get in maintenance mode.